The growing number of road accidents warrants a serious introspection on the part of every road user on the ways of making driving a relatively safe experience. It is upto each one of us to make driving a safe affair. Obtaining a valid driving license is the first step towards responsible driving. On our part, we give the steps to obtain a Learner's License, and later in the section, a permanent license.
Required Documents :
1. Proof of Age - Xerox copy of Birth Certificate or Passport or School or College certificate along with original for verification.
2. Proof of Residence - Xerox copy with original for verification of Ration Card or Election I.D. Card or Passport or LIC policy or Electric Bill or Telephone Bill or Property Tax Receipt or if Govt. employee, payslip issued by Govt..
3. Four passport size photographs, with one to be affixed on Form 1. The Required Fee for each category of vehicle is Rs. 15
Way to the Permanent License :
The required Fees :
Rs.60 for one category of vehicle.
Rs.15 for additional categories.
Rs. 55 for additional endorsement in existing license.
The candidate must make sure he is well versed in driving by now and is ready for a test drive.
The following documents are needed at this stage :
1. Form 4
2. Original Driver's License
3. Three Stamp size photographs
At the time of getting the Permanent License, the applicant must bring along with him/her the category of vehicle for which he has applied for license.
The next step is a driving test by an expert who is the final arbiter in this respect. A pass here means that the form will be stamped "Test Passed" and directed for Permanent Driving License to the License Issuing Authority. For obtaining the laminated Driving License, the applicant will have to present himself/herself at the concerned RTO's office on the day specified by the AASI for the purpose.